The Honda Civic Si was introduced for the third generation of Honda Civics as the Civic’s sport compact trim (the Si stands for “sport injected”). In 2019, the Honda Civic Si received a series of technological and interior upgrades to modernize and elevate this sporty Honda compact.
For the 2020 model year, the Honda Civic Si Sedan and Si Coupe received additional upgrades to its design, ride quality, and safety equipment. Let’s review the Honda Civic Si’s new Honda styling and Honda performance updates.
To amplify the Honda Civic Si’s aggressive driving dynamics, both the sedan and the coupe variants underwent exterior styling enhancements, including:
- styling to the lower bumper fog light housings, which now feature gloss black surrounding trim and a body-color crossbar
- updated signature “wing” grille crossbar
- multi-element LED headlights, now with a wider and longer light beam
- new LED fog lights
- new matte black 18-inch wheels wrapped in all-season performance tires (summer tires are available)
Specific to the Honda Civic Si Sedan model is a new lower bumper treatment, which matches the new front design — gloss black surrounds the trim and body-color crossbars.
Take a look inside the new 2020 Honda Civic Si and you’ll notice its updated sport seats with red accent stitching on the seat bottom and seat back. Plus, there’s new red trim to accentuate the instrument panel.
Long praised for their unparalleled responsive high-torque turbo engines, sophisticated tuning, and overall value, Honda Civic Si variants also come standard with numerous performance features, including:
- powerful 205-hp, 1.5 L, direct injected, turbocharged in-line 4-cylinder engine
- slick-shifting 6-speed manual transmission
- helical limited-slip differential
- adjustable two-mode adaptive damper system
New for 2020 is a 6-percent shorter final-drive ratio, which lends both Honda Civic Si variants a feeling of improved acceleration.
All 2020 Honda Civic Si variants include standard Honda Sensing, Honda’s advanced suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. Honda Sensing includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
In addition to the above standard safety systems, the 2020 Honda Civic Si includes:
- new automatic high beams
- electronic parking brake with an automatic brake hold
- LaneWatch side-view camera
- hands-free entry with push button start
- and walk-away auto lock
With class-leading interior volume — up to 15.1 cu. ft. in sedan and up to 12.1 cu. ft. in coupe — and standard features like a power moonroof, Active Sound Control (which uses the audio system to enhance the engine sound during aggressive driving), a 450-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers, and more, there’s a lot to love about the new 2020 Honda Civic Si.
For more information on the latest from Honda, stop by our Tracy Honda dealership in sunny Tracy, CA. Meet with a member of our Honda sales team and take a new Honda Civic out for a test drive.