Based on Honda's passion to broaden the potential for a hybrid vehicle and enable customers to experience a new kind of excitement with all of their senses, CR-Z was developed offering three core values - Emotional (emotional look and feel), Exciting (make people want to enjoy driving) and Smart (environmentally responsible, useful and liberating). To achieve these three values in all areas of this vehicle, including design, packaging and performance, Honda applied its most advanced technologies.
CR-Z stands for "Compact Renaissance Zero," which represents Honda's commitment to go back to the point of origin (zero) to take on the challenge to create a new compact car without being bound by the values of traditional coupes.
Futuristic, dynamic and compact design
- The dynamic one-motion wedge form is the heart of the sporty exterior styling. A futuristic and elegant feel was pursued for the interior design in addition to high functionality which enables the driver to experience the joy of driving.
Honda's original hybrid system for fun driving and high fuel economy
- Combining the 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine and lightweight, compact IMA enabled CR-Z to achieve the highest level of both fun to drive feel and exceptional fuel economy.
- CR-Z is the first model to feature Honda's three-mode drive system, which enables the driver to choose SPORT, NORMAL or ECON modes depending on the driver's driving style and/or driving situation such as in the city, on the freeway or on winding roads.
- The world's first 6-speed manual transmission on a
hybrid vehicle*2 enhances driving enjoyment. A CVT version features
paddle shifters as standard equipment.
- CR-Z's dedicated
suspension, lightweight and highly rigid body, and thorough control of
aerodynamics offer responsive and controlled handling.
- With ample luggage area and storage spaces, the CR-Z offers everyday utility for shopping, weekend outings and short vacations.